Look mommy i'm already smiling! Okay so i'm sure it's just gas but isn't it the cutest little smile ever? I can't believe she'll be three weeks old tomorrow. She's getting so big. We went to the doctor (among the zillion other things we did this past week) on Tuesday and she has already gained 2 pounds and two ounces! What a little piggy! She is finally getting her appetite back. She's been so congested the last couple days. Poor thing. Mommy has been after her all weekend with the nasal aspirator. She hates me for that I know it! We've tried steaming up the bathroom with the shower while she was in her car seat a few times. It didn't seem to help much. Last night we set up the humidifier and had that going all night. That seemed to help her a little bit but she still sounds horrible. The saline drops we used yesterday really worked pretty good, it just took until about an hour ago for the drops to loosen it up enough for the snot river to come gushing out (sorry if you're a little squeemish with bodily fluids). I'm pretty freaked out about snot myself...well I used to be. After getting it sneezed all over you a few times it doesn't really bother me. I could make millions if I wrote some of the stories of how she managed to get her snot, poo, pee, spit up, etc...all over me. Of course I don't think that your considered a parent until something like that happens to you. It's apparently unavoidable! At least it is for me! But I love it!
Anyways back to her gaining two pounds. The doctor actually said that she's a little on the heavy side! what a little oinker! But hey! I can finally put her in other things except for onesies! She was so tiny when she was born that she hasn't fit into anything, especially the thousands of adorable dresses that she has.
We actually had a preemie outfit and...
this is what she looked like in it. It swallows her!
I also tried to play dress up with her.
She didn't like it too much (hints why she's giving the camera an evil look).
On to more sad news. My mom went back home on Friday. She stayed with us for almost three weeks. That was such a help seens how Jared and I had no clue about anything about a baby! It's so funny. When I was in high school i couldn't stand being home, and my mom and I didn't exactly get along but i've really enjoyed the last three weeks. It was so much fun just hanging out with her. Besides Jared she's probably my best friend and I really miss her! Jared does too. The last three weeks we all really bonded and now I love hanging out with her and my dad. I used to think they were so corny but last night they came over for a couple hours and oh my gosh I haven't laughed that hard in like forever! It was so fun. Who would've thought I would love hanging out with my parents. haha. how wierd!
3 comments:
O.K. You got me. I'm reading your blog, and googling at Haleigh, and then SURPRISE, the last paragraph. Hold on while I get my second roll of tissue. Words cannot express what my heart is feeling right now. I enjoyed these past weeks too. Your dad and I had a blast last night hanging out with you guys. It was nice to laugh at you, Oh I mean with you LOL. I'm looking forward to sharing MANY more Einstein moments, Alabama months, and "bare facts" vacation options with you, Jared, and Haleigh.Love you sweet pea! Love, Mom
I know we've all said it before and it bears repeating again and again... what a beautiful baby! Kristen, you and Jared are truly blessed. And of course you also know you have the most wonderful parents in the world!
We love you all. Thanks for sharing with us.
The cute meter has exploded...she is just toooooo precious...
Post a Comment