Tuesday, April 08, 2008

This new parent thing...


Okay...I am extremely over tired and can't sleep! My parents took our two week old daughter for the afternoon so I could get some much needed rest. Well now that they have taken her, i'm wide awake! This has nothing to do with my parents babysitting skills or whatever but I can't stop worrying about her. Two hours ago I was on the verge of a mental breakdown if I didn't get five minutes alone and now that I have all the time in the world...just my luck...i'm to stressed out freaking over if she's awake, are they keeping my parents big smelly dog away from her, are my brothers sick...if so are they holding her, what if she misses me, does she even miss me, what if she doesn't like her bathtime?, and a billion other random things to keep me up. I knew parenthood was not going to be a walk in the park but I didn't know it would turn me into a paranoid crazed lunatic! I guess it will get better with time, that's what Jared keeps saying although i don't think parents ever stop worrying about their kids and the older they get the more they probably worry. At least Haleigh is just a cute little blob right now and even though it doesn't seem like it, most of the time she's pretty easy to take care of, apart from getting her poop all over my arm yesterday while I was trying to stop her from squirming while changing her diaper for the third time in 10 minutes...other than that...it's good.

6 comments:

Canary Joy said...

AWWWWW!!!!!What a cutie pie!Thank you for letting PopPop and Gramzie have a play day with little pea pod. We had so much fun.Yes,I kept the big smelly dog away from her. Her big smelly uncles? Well, thats another story. they were so cute with her today and full of questions about why she does this and that, and why's her bottom warm. Anyway, I'll show you the pics in the morning. happy sleeping sweet pea.See you in the morning.love,mom

Even So... said...

awwwwwwww....the poopy chronicles reminds me of Mandi and Erin...

Dan said...

I am so proud of you sweetie! I think it will be good for you to keep writing posts. It helps to get things off your chest that you may ordinarily keep inside. By the way, Haleigh likes ranch dressing just like her mommy!

Anonymous said...

Hi kristen its me Alex

Dan said...

That is one of the cutest pictures I've seen of Haleigh. She looks so alert and older.
Love you sweetie.

Auntie JoJo said...

Hey there Kristen, it's me Aunt JoJo. I am so very proud of you and your little angel. Cherish these special times because they go by so fast and you can never get them back again. I know things seem really scary right now, but they do get a little less scary as time goes on. I hope to het to spend some time with you and Haleigh real soon. Come and see me or call whenever you want, I'm always here. Love Auntie JoJo